You are here
Mountains to Sea Wānanga 2017
A national marine and freshwater conference
For marine and freshwater conservation action and education
Friday 21st April – Sunday 23rd April 2017
Omaha Marae, Leigh, Auckland
Register now here.
An inspirational professional development and networking opportunity for all those involved or interested in freshwater and marine conservation.
- provide a forum for marine and freshwater educators to network about education for sustainability initiatives and projects around science communication
- provide professional development opportunities
- provide a forum to discuss the effectiveness of existing and potential partnerships that foster action for marine and freshwater conservation
- ensure strong delivery of the Experiencing Marine Reserves (EMR) and Whitebait Connection (WBC) concepts around New Zealand
- raise the profile and value of citizen science whilst exploring what it actually is - workshop on what citizen science means for New Zealanders"
Wānanga registration will include
- powhiri at 11am on Friday 21st April
- marine & freshwater keynote presentations from Dr Victoria Metcalfe, Sally Carson and Dr Nick Shears
- fresh wholesome meals and marae accommodation over the 3 day conference- wānanga
- idyllic scenery at the location near New Zealand’s first marine reserve
- marine and freshwater field trips including local conservation initiatives and attractions
- an opportunity to share your own project during ‘show n tell’, displays & facilitated workshops
- inclusion of local residents, tangata whenua & conservation groups throughout the programme
See the full programme here
See below the video for the 2016 Mountains to Sea Wānanga held at Whitireia Marae in Gisborne.
$429 waged professional,
$319 non waged/student/teacher/not for profit
For more information, registration details and invoices contact
Samara Nicholas (09) 433 8205 or 021 036 2019
Mail to: [email protected]
Visit http://www.emr.org.nz/index.php/events/55-annual-marine-and-freshwater-wananga-conference to complete the online registration.
Please note that credit card payments options are possible via http://www.emr.org.nz/index.php/shop but will incur an additional 5% charge of your registration fee.
Mountains to Sea Conservation Trust would like to thank the Tindall Foundation, DOC Community Fund, 2 Plus and Curious Minds for funding support.
Also thanks to Ngati Manuhiri for supporting this wānanga.