You are here
History and capabilities of Wildland Consultants
Wildland Consultants Ltd is a progressive ecological consultancy committed to the care and enhancement of our natural environment. The company has been operating since 1985 and is committed to providing high quality ecological information, advice, and technical services to a wide range of clients. The company specialises in:
- Implementation - restoration planting, revegetation, weed control, pest control (including predators), monitoring, and ongoing wildlands management.
- Large and small scale - extensive track record based on practical experience.
- Rehabilitation and restoration of degraded sites.
Survey and Monitoring
- Survey, assessment, monitoring and management of biodiversity, threatened species, vegetation, fauna, pest plants (weeds), and introduced mammalian pests.
Ecological Evaluations and Solutions
- Assessments of land use effects.
- Sustainable land management.
- Policy and management advice.
- Rehabilitation and ecological restoration.
- Preparation and presentation of expert evidence for hearings and appeals.
- Geographic Information System (GIS) mapping and analysis.
- Threatened plants.
- Large and small scale projects.
Wildland Consultants Ltd has a strong track record, developed over many years, with a long term commitment to ecological restoration. Strong ongoing client relationships are an important focus of the business. Clients include government departments, regional councils, district councils, large corporations, other consultancy firms, private landowners and businesses.
The company has offices in Wellington, Auckland, Hamilton, Tauranga, Rotorua (head office), Dunedin, Christchurch, and Whakatane, and staff work nation-wide.