Where it began
Nature Space is a collaborative project that grew out of Restoration Day, an annual Wellington event that started in 1995. The website is designed to support community restoration efforts and provide a one-stop-shop to access information and resources. The development of the site was driven by community groups who identified that they wanted one website where they could source and share information in a simple easy format, as well as keep up to date with current conservation information and best practice. Nature Space went live in 2012.
Where we are at
Nature Space operates independently from any one organisation. It has a Governance Board consisting of representatives from DOC, Combined Regional Councils Biodiversity Managers Forum and Conservation NGO’s.
Although Nature Space started in the Wellington region it now has a strongly national focus. We want to continue to support the work of the community sector by providing the most relevant and current information available on ecological restoration in NZ. At the same time development of the site continues with our website developer and their awareness of IT developments and opportunities.
We want to capture the work of the many thousands of groups around the country who are making a difference to conservation. By creating a national picture of community conservation efforts, the sector can be more effectively advocated for, and research and collaboration facilitated.
If you wish to Support Us
If you are able to provide financial support or technical advice to make Nature Space even better we would love to hear from you, please contact us at [email protected].
- The agencies managing the website disclaim any responsibility or liability for material posted on the site.
- The agencies managing the website are not responsible for the content of other websites linked to or referenced from this website.
- Material posted on this site by users does not necessarily reflect the views of the agencies managing the website.
- Users must have the necessary rights to material they contribute to the website.
- Reference to any specific commercial product, process, or service whether by trade name, trademark, manufacture, or otherwise does not constitute an endorsement or recommendation by the agencies managing this website.
- Each page on this website must be read in conjunction with this disclaimer and any other disclaimer that forms part of it.
- The material on the website is protected by copyright.
- Anyone can utilise any of the material available on the website free of charge and without permission of the managing agencies provided that the source and copyright status of the material is acknowledged.
- Sources of images appear when you roll over an image with your mouse.
- Where users disclose information via the Add My Group page, or by other means, for inclusion in the Groups section of Nature Space, that information will be available to all visitors to the website.
- Other personal information voluntarily provided by users (e.g. via email) will only be used by Nature Space to communicate with you and will not be disclosed to any third parties.