If you are new to trapping and want to begin in your backyard or a small reserve, then these workshops are for you! This half-day workshop looks at a range of tools for trapping possums, rats and stoats and is being offered by Auckland Council and the Department of Conservation as part of Auckland’s Pest Free 2050 goal. You will learn how to select the best tool for you, where to place your traps and how to monitor your trapping efforts. There is no cost to attend and no prior trapping experience is required.
for more information and how to book go to the Auckland Council event page.
- Alfriston Hall, Papakura, Tuesday 30 April 2019, 9.00am - 12.30pm
- Bucklands Beach Bowling Club, Saturday 4 May 2019, 9.00am - Saturday 4 May 2019, 12.30pm
- Arataki Visitors Centre, Oratia, Tuesday 14 May 2019, 9.00am - Tuesday 14 May 2019, 12.30pm
- Glen Innes Community Hall, Saturday 1 June 2019, 9.00am - Saturday 1 June 2019, 12.30pm
- Takapuna Memorial Hall, Tuesday 18 June 2019, 9.00am - Tuesday 18 June 2019, 12.30pm