You are here
Friends of Taputeranga Marine Reserve
To undertake activities to protect, maintain and enhance Taputeranga Marine Reserve and to ensure that it benefits the community and future generations. This means profiling events at the reserve, encouraging people to enjoy the reserve and learn more about it, keeping the community updated on it’s progress and having a say on anything that affects the reserve.
Projects we’re currently working on:
* Maintaining a snorkel trail at Island Bay
* Marking of the shore boundary of the reserve with images of marine life.
* Development of community based incident reporting at the reserve
* A consistent and statistically valid approach to monitoring.
* Continued addition to material on Marine Life on the FoTMR site (www.taputeranga.org.nz)
* Joint action with DOC on compliance, and on the adequacy of shoreline signage
* Working with WCC over landscaping of Snorkel Trail car park
* Review of plans, policies and consents which may affect the marine reserve or marine conservation.
* Review and renewal of Snorkel Trail buoy system.