You are here
Whakatane Kiwi Trust
(027) 636 0613
Ohope Scenic Reserve, Kohi Point Scenic Reserve, Mokorua Scenic Reserve and some adjacent private land. Whakatane/Ohope, Eastern Bay of Plenty.
The Whakatane Kiwi Trust is a community based charitable trust, established in 2006. The Trust was established to provide community leadership of the Whakatane Kiwi Project. The objectives of the Trust are:
- Implementation of the Whakatane Kiwi Management Plan, and the Whakatane-Ohope Sites Biodiversity Management Plan;
- Facilitating community education and advocacy for kiwi conservation;
- Encouraging and assisting land owners and land managers in the long term protection and survival of kiwi;
- Encouraging and promoting volunteer involvement in the conservation of kiwi and other indigenous species;
- Encouraging and facilitating relevant scientific research;
- Advocating for environmental protection and biodiversity management.
Ministry for the Environment, Gourmet Burger Kitchen UK, The Southern Trust, Kiwis For Kiwi, Cheeky Rooster, Whakatane West Rotary, Tiny Mighty Power, Focus Accountants Ltd.
Bay of Plenty Regional Council, Department of Conservation, Te Runanga o Ngati Awa, Whakatane District Council.